Monday 30 January 2012

Front end

Sills now all welded, just a little trimming to do before paint and seal so took a look around for other problems.

Rear valence could do with replacement as it looks rough, not MOT item but it won't get better.

The front is a different matter. The front crossmember below the rad looked a little crusty so I had a dig and found lots of weevils :(
Didn't have my camera with me tonight so I brought a piece home :)

This is the underside of the crossmember where the suspension bolts too :(

And the inside was worse, the plate with the thread in is supposed to be right angle bracket for reinforcement!


After a bit of measuring I cut the back and bottom off so will start reassembly wednesday as I have a Scooby in tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. It will be fine in the end :-), its worth it.It will be fine in the end :-), its worth it. It will be fine in the end :-), its worth it.It will be fine in the end :-), its worth it


    Thats the Mantra I have to believe in (LOL)

    ReplyDelete